DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE CV HERE
I am Assistant Professor in Computer Science at Dept. of Informatics, Bioengineering, Robotics, and Systems Engineering of the University of Genoa. I received my MSc in Bioengineering with full marks from the University of Genoa, Italy, in 2005, and the Ph.D. in Bioengineering from University of Genoa in 2009, under the supervision of Prof. S. P. Sabatini.
My research interests are focused on the study of biological and artificial vision systems, on the development of bioinspired models, of natural human-machine interfaces based on virtual, augmented and mixed reality, and on the perceptual and cognitive aspects of interaction in VR and AR.
I study the use of novel sensing technologies (e.g. Microsoft Kinect, Leap Motion, Intel Real Sense) and of visualization devices (e.g. 3D monitors, head-mounted-displays, mobile devices, video see-through and optical see- through) to develop natural and ecological interaction systems, always having in mind the human perception.
In particular, I am active in studying misperception issues, visual stress and fatigue that arise by using such systems. Also User eXperience is a focus of my research.
I have been involved in several national and international research projects (see here for more details).
I am author and co-author of 73 peer reviewed scientific papers, both on ISI journal and on International Conferences, of 5 book chapters, and of 2 edited book. More info here and in my Google Scholar page.
Moreover I have been tutor or supervisor of several B.Sc. and M.Sc. theses, in Bioengineering and Electronic Engineeering, at the Polytechnic School of the University of Genoa and in Computer Science at the Science School of the University of Genoa.
- I am the Program Co-chair of the HUCAPP International Conference on Human Computer Interaction Theory and Applications, part of the is part of VISIGRAPP, the International Joint Conference on Computer Vision, Imaging and Computer Graphics Theory and Applications.
- I am the organizer of a tutorial at ISMAR2018 16th October 2018 “Cognitive Aspects of Interaction in Virtual and Augmented Reality Systems” (CAIVARS). Check the website for the complete description of topics, speakers and for the slides presnted during the tutorial.
- I have been the chair of the BMVA Technical Meeting – Vision for human-computer interaction and virtual reality systems, London 6th May 2015 [more].
- I have been the chair of the Special Session Computer VISION for Natural Human Computer Interaction – VISION4HCI 2016, within the 11th International Joint Conference on Computer Vision, Imaging and Computer Graphics Theory and Applications – VISIGRAPP 2016, 27- 29 February, 2016 – Rome, Italy
- I have been the Lecturer of the tutorial Natural Human-Computer-Interaction in Virtual and Augmented Reality, within with the 12th International Joint Conference on Computer Vision, Imaging and Computer Graphics Theory and Applications – VISIGRAPP 2017, 27 February – 1 March, 2017 – Porto, Portugal
- I have been one of the Lecturer for the tutorial Active Vision and Human Robot Collaboration at ICIAP 2017. Title of the tutorial “Human-Agent Interaction in Virtual and Augmented Reality”.